Wednesday, October 08, 2008

This is the Place Where

this weekend marked my 10 year college reunion.

wheaton was the place where:
i learned to make the best of a dorm room. shared with a cheerleader.
realized that my best is not always good enough.
stayed up waaaay too late.
found that Jesus is not always easily met in a room full of christians.
learned to be honest before God.
ate food creatively edited from the cafeteria offerings.
chose to speak my mind.
realized that it's not my job to rescue someone who doesn't want to be rescued.
decided to marry my husband.
spent a lot of time on the roof.
got to stand alongside someone choosing to face their past.
learned that truth and love need to balance each other.
saw Jesus reflected in the unexpected places, more than in the status quo.

sometimes i feel like the parts of myself that were most vibrant 10 years ago are somehow buried beneath the details and the day to day of my current life. i hope that this weekend serves as a reminder to hold on to those pieces, to not let them fade away.



No comments: